Friday, April 15, 2011

Pentagon Treat Tubes

So last year Kim S. did a terrific tutorial on her blog of a pentagon treat tube - this year the tutorial went onto SCS here. I love how quick this tube is to make using the Fancy Flower punch for the ends. Last time I made the cannon and this time I went a bit vintage and decided to try my hand at making an old fashioned British post box!


You can't quite see it, but I added the royal crown (ala Grunge Rock stamp set) and hand wrote in the post collection times. Then I decided that I wanted to make something a little bit festive and tried my hand at a Christmas cracker - it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it - but you get the general idea!


One end of each of the tubes removes so that you can add treats and also access them for that sugar craving! To create the smaller end piece that curves up, I did one cut into the centre and folded the flower punch in on itself so that it only had 4 petals not 5 anymore. I'd love to see you add your creations to the SCS gallery or you could just send me a link.

1 comment: