Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Strawberry Ants & Colour schemes

I added a new blinky link to my blog recently called the "Colour Lab" it's so much fun - click on it and it takes you to a colour lab where you can figure out what colours go with what, you can choose from the new colours, retired, in-colours and even add your own or rate other peoples colour combinations. There is also a "surprise me" button for when you are up for a challenge or out of mojo. Anyway I've been using it a bit of late and have been happy with the results so thought I would share it with you.

Some of my favourite stamp sets are the simple ones - I love Tart & Tangy, it's really versatile, timeless and at AUD$21.95 is great value for money. I've done a few different things with the different fruits from the set, but had a lot of fun combining it with ant from Bugs & Kisses (for some strange reason the ant image from this set was missed out of the 2009-10 catalogue and in my opinion he was the cutest bit! Anyway here's a quick, clean and simple card made with them, change the greeting and it'd be suitable for any occasion really. The middle strawberry I popped up on dimensionals and all of the strawberries I covered with a thin film of crystal effects to give the card a bit more dimension.



Stamps: On Your Birthday, Tart & Tangy, Bugs & Kisses
Card stock: Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive marker, Real Red marker & Basic Black
Accessories: 1/4" grosgrain black ribbon, stamp-a-ma-jig, paper snips, crystal effects, Stampin' Dimensionals,

No comments:

Post a Comment