Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another Crazy For Cupcakes card!

Well I have seen SO many awning shop type cards on the blogs of late - I finally decided to jump on the bandwagon and make one of my own! I loved this one here on fellow Australian  demonstrators site Andrea and as I had the Crazy For Cupcakes stamp set and Sweet Always DSP out for the Crazy For Cupcakes class I had teaching those were what I used - ohh plus lots of glitter - that class uses LOTS of Dazzling Diamond glitter, we all came away quite sparkley that afternoon! I made two versions of this card - one with the Dazzling Diamonds glitter and then a second with the light pink chunky sprinkles glitter (that was in the inventory clearance sale back in January). I preferred the one with the chunky glitter as it gave it more dimension, I'm also trying to decide if I like the happy birthday shop sign above the awning or if it needs to be layered up again - I really can't wait to see if we get the SU XL modern label punch in the new catalogue as that would be perfect to layer up the window word punch (my wish list is VERY long by the way)......ohh and it's not the card that was made crooked - that's my photography!


The awning was sponged along the edge and underneath held up with Stampin' Dimensionals to give a more 3D appearance to the shop front, the happy birthday was raised up again to give more dimension as well. The chunky glitter I stuck on with Crystal Effects - I figured as the size of the glitter was so much bigger than the Dazzling Diamonds, it would hold on better and give a more cupcake frosted 3D appearance if I used the Crystal Effects.


Stamps: Crazy For Cupcakes, On Your Birthday
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Always DSP, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette.
Ink: Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, window word punch, Light Pink Chunky Sprinkles glitter, Stampin' sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL, Crystal Effects, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment