Saturday, July 16, 2011

Punched Happy Hippo

I made up several of these punch art hippo's (you can see another I made last year here) and then had one on hand to make a fast card for a birthday. I raided my 'scrap' box which contains lots of punched shapes or Big Shot die cut outs that have been cut as extras when I was cutting other things. I found lots of number 5's and glued them randomly onto a piece of Real Red card stock, put it through the Big Shot with the square lattice embossing folder (still available as a carry over item from the Summer mini catalogue). It's makes great inlaid embossing - such a cool background effect I use it a lot.


Nice and bright isn't it? I love bright colours for children's cards. What's your favourite colour for a child's card?

Stamps: Party Hearty
Ink: Basic Grey & Basic Black
Card Stock: Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pacific Point, Basic Black,
Accessories: Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet die, Big Shot, Tombow glue, Stamping Sponge, Dimensionals & lots of punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment