Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nature Walk

My sense of colour is sometimes a bit off, but when in doubt I am learning more to trust the Color Coach #121620 (AUD$28.95) - fantastic investment for those who sometimes have mental blanks, want a challenge or some inspiration. I wanted to use Marina Mist as it's a colour I haven't used much, so I checked the Color Coach and chose the "getting started combination" which was Real Red, Old Olive & Marina Mist............


I used the gorgeous stamp set Nature Walk with it and a technique that involves wrapping a straight boarder piece around a curve (easy to do, just clip little "v" shapes out the flat side of the boarder and bend it around the curve). Both the oval pieces were popped up on Dimensionals to give it well more dimension and the edges of things were sponged with Sahara Sand to give the edges a softer look.

Stamps: Because I Care, Nature Walk
Card Stock: Real Red, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Elegant Soiree DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink: Marina Mist, Old Olive, Early Expresso, Sahara Sand
Accessories: 1/16" hole punch, Real Red brad, scallop oval punch, large oval punch, scallop boarder, Tombow glue, paper snips, Real Red Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon (retired, but you could use plain Real Red). Final Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Birds & Blooms die, Ovals die, Aqua painter, stamping sponges.

No comments:

Post a Comment