Sunday, February 20, 2011

Long Fellows

A while ago I did a workshop on using up scraps - these cards were inspired to use up scraps of card stock that accumulate when I just trim down a piece to layer it up & I have lots! 


I keep them in colour families or in this case, they were all the new in colours with Daffodil Delight so I knew they would match perfectly. The hostess level 2 set Long Fellows worked really well for this design and I stamped them in basic black onto vellum, coloured the image with markers, tore the vellum and sponged the edges and layered it on top of the card strips, holding the vellum in place with brads. They were just built up on a Whisper White Card base, but you could always layer the white up onto a different colour card base e.g. one of the In Colours to make it "pop" more, I preferred the simplicity of this though.


Stamps: Long Fellows (hostess level 2)
Ink: Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz & Peach Parfait; markers in Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz & Peach Parfait
Card Stock: Vellum, Whisper White, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Yellow, Pear Pizzazz & Poppy Parade.
Accessories: Paper piercer, Mat Pack, Sponges, paper snips, SNAIL, Tombow 2-way glue, gold brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment