Friday, June 11, 2010

Share A Cup!

I love the new concept Stampin' Up! came out with of releasing single stamps instead of just whole sets as sometimes you just want that one stamp! Well as soon as I saw Share a Cup #119198 in the latest autumn/winter mini catalogue I knew I just HAD to have it -well as it turns out my lovely upline & friend Charmaine gave it to me for my birthday (how awesome is that!!!) so I just had to use it for her birthday card in return! Well being time anemic as per normal I used just one ink colour for the card and made a matching box in a bag to pop in some tea bags and chocolates (hence the choice of the tea cup stamp!). It’s called a box in a bag and takes about 10 minutes to make from start to finish – it took me longer fiddling with the bow to get it sit right than to make the entire box!


The baja breeze was punched out with the curly label punch as per normal and then I layered it onto the soft suede and cut around it to just leave a little boarder showing (don't look too close as my cutting isn't always straight!!!). The greeting was stamped and then I drew around the top part of it with the waste part of the curly label punch to give me a compact curly label to cut out - sounds fiddly but honestly it wasn't!


The box has stitching details with white gel pen added around the round tab punch with the eyelet in it & the scallop edge along the base (my photography isn't the best, but you get the idea!). The ribbon and cup stamped on the curly label punch matches the card.



Stamps: Share a Cup, On Your Birthday
Inks: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Very vanilla, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Bella Bleu designer series paper
Accessories: Curly label punch, Scallop edge punch, Round Tag Punch, Paper snips, Stampin sponge, soft suede polka dot grosgrain ribbon, crop-a-dile, jumbo antique brass eyelets, SNAIL, paper trimmer, white gel pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment