Saturday, June 12, 2010

Punched Circle Fox & Friends

Well since I have an almost 4yo I always seem to be in need of childrens cards & when I saw the Fox & Friends stamp set come out in the autumn/winter mini I knew it would get a LOT of use at our house! I saw some cards on a blog by Andrea B. and decided to modify one a bit and got the below result (can you tell I'm on a Kraft & Baja Breeze colour combo theme at the moment - I also had to use the Sanded background stamp which I just bought & I love it, can't wait to use it with my Totally Tools stamp set!):



You could change the sentiment or colours to make it for any occassion, but I wanted a young boys card - pretty cute hey! I added the details of the lions face, fox nose, & turtle eye with a black Stampin' write marker pen. To get the layered effect of the lions mane I stamped him twice in So Saffron & once in Pumpkin Pie and cut out the mane fromt eh later & the face from the former and just stuck them together - too easy, especially since I invested in some Stampin' Up! Paper Snips #103579, initially I did baulk at the price a little, but wow they are by far the best paper snips I've ever used & they are really sharp and have really fine points for cutting out details - it makes doing any cutting an absolute breeze now.

Stamps: Fox & Friends, On Your Birthday, Sanded

Inks: Old Olive, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Whisper White, Kraft, Old Olive, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: 1 3/8” circle punch, 1 ¾” circle punch, Spiral punch, ¼” old olive grosgrain ribbon SNAIL, paper trimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment