Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bleaching Out Colour

The second card we made in the techniques class this week was using the gorgeous All A Flutter stamp that is retiring *sniff* I love how realistic this butterfly is. The technique is simple enough, I chose to use a dedicated Aquapainter filled with bleach as I do this technique regularly and like the way that the Aquapainter contains the bleach fumes so preventing me from getting headaches as opposed to using a nylon bristle brush with a little pot of bleach (which also works, but do this in a very well ventilated area where you know that the pot won't be bumped or at risk of spilling).


Here's a close up of the card, I love the depth removing colour from the card stock creates, nice effect isn't it? So what other techniques would you like to see me do in a class??



Stamps: All A Flutter, Because I Care & Very Vintage Jumbo Roller wheel
Ink: Versamark
Card Stock: Baja Breeze & Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Paper snips, Dimensionals, SNAIL, clear embossing powder, heat tool, powder pal, embossing buddy, basic pearls, Aquapainter.
Non SU!: bleach.




No comments:

Post a Comment