Friday, November 5, 2010

Spring Scrapbook Page

Well spring has sprung with a vengence - to be honest it felt like we had skipped spring and gone straight to summer this week with a 37'C day - thank goodness for airconditioning & photo voltaic panels is all I can say! However I digress, I made a scrapbook page (I know so unlike me), actually I was asked to do a "yellow" page for a class and found it a bit challenging so it metamorphasised into a "spring" page with yellow daffodils! What do you think?


 The orange photo matt area opens out to reveal another area for journalling and a second 6"x4" photograph.

The daffodils are very simple punch art using the five petal flower punch and one of the flowers in boho blossoms, the stems and leaves are just hand cut and the dots drawn on in white gel pen. The small daffodils on the foled out page for journalling were made using one of the boho blossom flowers and the centre was a single hole punch circle.




I LOVE the embosslits buttefly die so they get included on lots of my items now, as are the basic pearls! The sun was cut with the circle scissors and sponged with ink.

Stamps: Cute as a Bug
Ink: Pumpkin Pie & Basic Black
Card stock: Daffodil yellow, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Certainly Celery & Bashful Blue
Accessories: Embosslits Beautiful Butterfly, Circle Scissors plus, basic pearls, white gel pen, SNAIL, boho blossoms punch, round tab punch,  Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, 2 way glue pen, stampin sponges, bone folder, mat pack.
Non SU: single hole punch

Overall I liked the finished page and think I might make a matching one for a 2 page layout (I'm not a fan of single pages). I'm thinking of making the Jonquil daffodils on the second page, similar to those on the fold out journalling page - what do you think? Now I just have to sort out some photos to suit the layout theme. If you would like to do this as a class for a double layout let me know - if you want to do it as a single page then you can join us on Friday next week as I am teaching it then!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! that is stunning Ann, I love it. I want to come and do your class! The colours are so gorgeous and they really look like daffodils, it reminds me of Cornwall in Spring with all the fields of daffodils by my parents house. Thanks for sharing your creations with us and well done! Lots of inky hugs from Char xx

    ReplyDelete