Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chocolate Slider

Are you ever stuck for a quick, unisex gift that you need NOW! Well a real favourite of mine is the chocolate slider box. It is super simple & needs just one sheet of A4 cardstock and a bar of chocolate (most of the time I stock up when these are on sale, but I have to make sure I hide them from my boys!). Basically for this one I had a 100g bar of Cadbury chocolate so I scored 1.5cm along the longest side of the A4 sheet, then along the shorter side I scored at 1.5cm, 9cm, 16.5cm, 18cm & cut it at 20cm. Decorate it as desired, use sticky strip to make it into an open ended box, add a slot punch at the top, thread the ribbon through, add the chocolate and tie the bow and you're done! Honestly it took me longer to write this blog post than to make it and the best thing is you can fiddle around with the bow as long as you like to make it perfect as the recipient never needs to undo it to get to the chocolate, they just pull the bow upwards.


and open......just pull the bow upwards


I added the word on the front and raised it up on Stampin' Dimensionals just to make the front pretty!


Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Ink: Old Olive, Melon Mambo
Card stock: Very Vanilla & Old Olive
Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Slot Punch, Melon Mambo Polka-Dot Grosgrain ribbon, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment