Saturday, March 5, 2011

Shimmer Paint Reinkers

Last month I spent a bit of time playing with shimmer paints. I made some cards using the re-inker technique where you simply mix a couple of drops of re-inker with shimmer paint and use a sponge dauber to apply it to the stamped image. One thing I did learn was that even when the paint palette well looks empty or re-inker and shimmer paint, there is still a LOT of ink left on the dauber - one image I managed to get over 20 more images after I thought I had run out of ink! So a little shimmer paint really does go a long way.


I love the textured embossing on the base card stock of this card, gave it a very subtle dimension. This is an awesome stamp set though as you can punch out so many of the images from it. I used a lot of layering, embossing, sponging and Dimensionals to really give this card some depth. I used a lot of layering, embossing, sponging and Dimensionals to really give this card some depth.


Stamps: Punched Posies, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Mix of Frost White shimmer paint and either Real Red re-inker or Not Quite Navy
Card Stock: Real Red, Very Vanilla & Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Dimensionals, Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet Textured Embossing Folder, Fancy Flower Punch XL, 3/4" circle punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Rhinestones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment