Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More cupcakes............

Well May must be cupcake month - as it turned out this week was my son's friends birthday and I made some simple cupcakes to take to kindergarten to help celebrate as their family has been having a manic month. Of course after last weeks swap I had to make some little cupcake toppers or cupcake picks to decorate them for all the little monkeys in the class!


This time I made sure I double sided them and could customise the back with the event - apparently the children loved them which is nice. Of course I also decided to decorate the chuppa chup lollipops in a similar theme (you can get plain old chuppa chups anytime, but for a 4th birthday it has to be something a bit special - no??) and after some playing and a few prototypes, a bit of blog surfing this was the result............



See even with my very average photography you get the basic idea - they are flowerpots, adorned with little monkeys and customised on the back to match the cupcake picks! The idea was not my own - I completely plagerised it from Dawn. However Australian lollipops seems to be of different dimensions, so mine were scored at 5/8" and 2 1/2" rather than her dimensions and of course I didn't put flowers and ribbon on mine either, I kept the monkey theme going!

Stamps: Fox & Friends (autumn/winter mini catalogue)
Ink: Chocolate chip
Cardstock: Whisper White, Patterns Pack II DSP (hostess level 1), garden green
Accessories: scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, awl, mat pack, gold brads, stampin' dimensionals, paper cutter with scoring & cutting blades.

The kindergarten class seemed happy with the result - although given they are 3-5 year olds I'm not sure they are too fussy how sugary treats are presented, so long as they get them!

Happy stamping,

Ann

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann, beautiful work, just letting you know I have awarded you the "Beautiful Blogger award" so please pop over to my blog to pick it up. Take care, lots of inky hugs from Charmaine :-)

    ReplyDelete